The mission of the New York State Police Campus Sexual Assault Victims Unit is to reduce the incidence and facilitate the reporting of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking on college and university campuses, through a prevention education campaign, a response training program, and by providing support and assistance to students, faculty and staff, university police, campus safety, local law enforcement, and victim advocates.
- Provide training for our law enforcement and investigative partners so they may provide victims with the most qualified personnel and services available.
- Develop an educational campaign to focus on colleges and high schools statewide, which explains the problem of sexual assaults on college campuses, provide prevention and bystander strategies for students, and stress the importance of reporting sexual assault crimes to law enforcement.
- Establish and maintain a campus sexual assault victim hotline: 1-844-845-7269, established to assist survivors in reporting sexual assaults to law enforcement.
In addition, the Campus Sexual Assault Victims Unit acts as a liaison with all private and public colleges and universities in New York State, along with local victim advocacy groups, health services and district attorneys.
In an emergency contact 911.
Non-emergency- toll free hotline to report Campus Sexual Violence to the New York State Police
- Enough is Enough legislation
- Article 130 NY Penal Law
- Consent as Defined by NY Penal Law
- Affirmative Consent
- Sexual Assault & Violence Response Resources (SUNY)
- NYS Office of Victim Services
- NYS Office of Campus Safety
- Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- New York State Police Crime Victim Specialist Information
- It’s on Us (White House campaign)