National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) - Conformant Information Exchange Package Documentations (IEPDs)
The New York State Police (NYSP) has now published the below National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)- Conformant Information Exchange Package Documentations (IEPDs) for the purpose of building approved web service message exchanges by authorized agencies.
Use of the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) for eJusticeNY Integrated Justice Portal Exchanges
The New York State Integrated Justice Advisory Board has adopted the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) for the development and implementation of eJustice: Integrated Justice Portal exchanges. This version will be extended to incorporate any additional data elements that are required to meet the New York State business needs. This extended model becomes the New York State canonical model.
Using the New York State canonical model, agencies will be able to submit exchanges utilizing the NIEM data model. Requests will be transformed within the Integrated Justice Portal using NIEM XML and XML structured response(s) will be returned asynchronously to the requesting agency’s system.
*** Important ***
To insure success in the development of this suite of web service message exchanges, the development personnel should posses a high level of competence in the below areas.
- Proficient in using XML to construct and process message requests and responses. This includes being able to work with XSDs as defined within the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM).
- Understand the concepts and implementation of Managed PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Configure and install local web server to use Mutual SSL with certificates
- Be able to configure and open firewall ports to enable Mutual SSL communications
- Develop a web service application that is capable of processing multiple asynchronous responses to a single request
- Complete Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to obtain SSL certificates from Certificate Authority
- Understand the business functionality of the requests that are to be implemented
Starting March 2015, certain DMV Driver and Registration requests can now be submitted using the optional NotifyProbationOfficerIndicator field. When set and a probation hit response is returned, a probation notification message will be sent to the probation office responsible for the individual.
Starting July 2014, New York State DMV will provide Medical Certification information for individuals with CDL licenses. These new response specifications are now available in the appropriate IEPDs for any interface development.
Starting April 2013, the current NYSP Parole response is being replaced by a DCJS Parole response and an additional response, DCJS Probation. These new response specifications are now available in the appropriate IEPDs and should be used for any interface development which is not already in Production or the coordinated testing phase with the Portal Law Enforcement Applications Team (NYSPIN).
The following IEPDs and associated development documentation is currently available.
To report any issues and / or open up a service ticket contact the Public Safety Contact Center at, 1-888-462-8003 or PortalHelpDesk@ejusticeny.ny.gov
Use this distribution list its.dl.ps.NYSPINwsDatapower@its.ny.gov to send notifications to NYSPIN web service application staff.
- DMV Domain
- RegistrationDomainWS.wsdl - Describes the web service definition and SOAP request specification for this domain.
- DMV Inquiry - DMV driver, DMV registration and NYS Department of Tax Highway Truck Tax inquiry message exchange specifications.
- Property Domain
- PropertyDomainWS.wsdl - Describes the web service definition and SOAP request specification for this domain.
- Property Inquiry - New York State and NCIC article, gun, plate security, vehicle and vehicle LoJack inquiry message exchange specifications.
- Property Update - New York State and NCIC article, gun, plate security, and vehicle record entry and cancel message exchange specifications.
- Miscellaneous Domain
- Person Domain
- PersonDomainWS.wsdl - Describes the web service definition and SOAP request specification for this domain.
- Person Inquiry - New York State and NCIC wanted / missing person, Medical Marijuana inquiry and the Order of Protection inquiry message exchange specifications.
- Person Update - New York State and NCIC Order of Protection serve message exchange specifications.
- Response WSDL
- IJPResponseWS.wsdl- Describes the web service definition and SOAP response specification for all responses that are returned. Clients should host the service defined based on this WSDL in order to successfully receive all responses.
Additional Development Documentation
Web Service Frequently Asked Questions
This document provides for development personnel, additional information in regard to the implementation of NYSP Web Services.
Web Service Usage Specification For Metros 2011
This document provides a technical overview of the NYS Integrated Justice Portal (IJP) Web Services specification that is managed by New York State Police. Described is the technical framework necessary for the construction, implementation and exchange of XML data via an Internet Service Provider connection for the purpose of invoking specific business services available within the NYS Integrated Justice Portal.
Justice Portal IEPD Narrative 2011
This reference briefly describes the some of the supporting web service text documentation. It should be reviewed by the technical development personnel.
Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Document
The latest National Crime Information Center CJIS security document that states the security requirements that must be followed for these types of interfaces.
Web Service Transaction List
This spreadsheet contains a list of all available NYSP metro web service transactions. Each agency that will implement a NYSP metro web service interface is required to complete this document indicating all the possible transactions that have been implemented for their agency. Once completed it is to be returned to NYSP Information Services development team.
Contains the most current NCIC, NLETS and New York State coded table files that are used within the Integrated Justice Portal application. Purpose of these files is to provide the literal descriptions that are associated with coded values used within the exchanged messages.
Metro Web Service Checklist
Contains a list of configuration values that must be obtained as well as a list of steps to conduct an initial connectivity test, complete message testing (in IJP testing ennvironment), regression testing (in IJP staging ennvironment) and migration of interface to production. Associated with each step is the listed responsible party (Agency, Vendor or State Police).
Lists IJP test environment and resource availability for testing and troubleshooting.
Lists IJP test hotfile records that are loaded in the test environment.
Metro Web Service Presentation
Presentation that gives and overview of metro web service server to server interfaces with an emphasizes on citing the CJIS security requirements that must be meet by all parties involved in this effort.